Being a Mompreneur takes a lot of things - determination, the ability to pivot at a moments notice, creativity, and lots of love. But most of all, its takes ENERGY! Energy to run your business and run your kiddos to all the places, energy to nurture your business and kiddos each and every day, energy to serve your clients and family in the way they deserve to be served. This kind of energy doesn't just grow on trees, believe me, I've tried finding them😂 . It wasn't until I started doing 5 things each morning that I found I could have the energy to build my business AND keep up with my 3 young girls.
So what are these magical, 5 things?!
1. I get up before anyone in my family. I happily spend the rest of my day serving my clients and my family, but this time is just for me. Generally, it's just a half hour before anyone else, but it's my half hour. I get to choose how I spend it. Do I journal? Read a book? Meditate? It depends on the day, but honestly, it just doesn't matter. What matters is that I am taking the time to serve myself in the first minutes of each and every day.
2. I drink 10-12 ounces of water before I get out of my bed. I keep my ginormous water bottle right by my bedside and before I get out of bed, I guzzle. Why?! Don't I have to pee first? Oh course! But I drink my water first so I don't forget. You are the most dehydrated when you wake up because you haven't had anything to drink in the last 8 hours...theoretically. Hydration and energy go hand in hand - our bodies are made up of 80% water. If you're body doesn't have any water, it cannot function efficiently and effectively.
3. I move my body. Somedays my movement looks like a run, other days it's lifting heavy weights or practicing yoga. But I move my body first thing in the morning for 2 reasons. Reason 1 - so my head can't talk me out of it (it's too early, your tired, it's dark, etc.). Reason 2 - so that when I blink and all the sudden it's bedtime, I'm not trying to get my movement in when I should be signaling my body to calm down and start getting into rest mode.
4. I don't look at my phone for the first hour of the day. Ok, so this is partly true. I look at my phone to see what Nora's and my blood sugars did overnight. Once I've reviewed that info, I promptly put my phone down and on silent making sure I can't see the screen. Why? I don't want to get sucked into email, texts, and/or social media. Remember what I said in number 1? This is my time and I want to ensure I don't unintentionally fall down a rabbit hole to start my day.
5. I spend 5 minutes visualizing my day. Who am I going to show up as? What am I going to accomplish? What's on today's plate for my girls? For my business? Arguably, this is the most important thing I do because if I don't the anxiety I feel is like walking into an unfamiliar dark room and waiting for that scary something to jump out and get me.
Your energy is the cornerstone of your days - it's what drives your body, mind, and soul! This means practicing any of the above later in the day when an energy pick-me-up is necessary - ain't no shame, it's called life! As we all know, you can't fill from an empty cup, this is especially true as a Mompreneur - you're business and family depend on it!
Are you a Mompreneur who is struggling to grow your business and keep up with motherhood? Are you pounding double espressos or energy drinks throughout your day just to make it to your bed at night completely exhausted and overwhelmed?
You are not alone! I have partnered with many Mompreneur's and so often they have told me that one of their biggest challenges is finding the energy to do all the things related to their business and motherhood. That's why I am so excited to launch a FREE, 5 day challenge where you will discover the secret to having the energy of your 5-year old! To learn more and to register, click here!